Friday, April 21, 2017

animus anima

My discourse is on the gender issue regarding what is masculine and femine. I focus on people that live alone (singles) and I try to define what makes a place/ house looks masculine or femine. For this reason I don't give any further information about the image except the profession of the owner of the house.

My attempt is to put the viewers in the risk to reveal the gender of the owner of the house that I took the photo.

The style that somebody decorates a house is based in several norms (social, economic, political, gender etc) that defines the character and the status of the human being that lives in that place.


I am interested not to show faces but to give the animus & anima of the human being from the still life of the house/place.







No comments: